In Odfjell Technology, our vision is to use our heritage and expertise to support the energy transition. Our overall aim is to safely deliver services and technology which reduce time, costs, and carbon emission.
Odfjell Engineering is part of Odfjell Technology, with teams of highly skilled multidiscipline engineers, project managers and support functions located in Bergen, Stavanger, Aberdeen and in Manila.
We are experiencing an increase in activity across our service portfolio and are therefore looking for a motivated, proactive and ambitious Business Planner to join our management team in Bergen. As Business Planner you will be responsible for overall resource planning, backlog monitoring and continuous improvement, to ensure we are building a robust and capable organization for the future.
If you identify with our core values – committed, safety conscious, creative, competent and result oriented – and possess a “can do” spirit, we are looking for you to join our team.
- Keep track of all current and upcoming projects, including business development activities, and keep resource plan up to date
- Monitor and update contract backlog, and ensure it coincides with the resource plan
- Report status and resource need forecast to senior management and other relevant stakeholders
- In close dialogue with department managers, assign available employees to projects in accordance with their skillsets, previous experience, and availability
- Monitor day-to-day project activities and needs, and corresponding resource capacity
- Monitor employees’ workload, utilization, overtime hours, etc.
- Monitor resource available against the contract backlog with a minimum 6-month outlook
- Provide department managers with support when it comes to resource management issues
- Update all systems and reports related to resources in the required systems
- Collaborate with the HR department regarding staff training and hiring new staff
- Business processes evaluation and identification of opportunities for improvement
- Resource management, including inputs to:
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Risk assessment & contract management
- Recovery plans
- Operational efficiency
- Organizational development
- Management & close follow-up of EDGE initiatives & reporting agreed resource management KPI’s
- Bachelor/Master of Science Degree in engineering, human resource management, business, management, or a similar field. Relevant experience can compensate for a lack of theoretical education
- Previous experience from project/resource/HR management is advantageous
- Thorough business understanding of the oil and gas and maritime sector, including overview of relevant competence requirements
- Pro-active, well organized and analytical; with good reporting and forecasting skills
- Good team player, with strong interpersonal interaction- and communications skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify and evaluate risk
- Ability to take initiative and make sound judgement within applicable scope, procedures, and guidelines
- Ability to work independently as well as in a cross functional team
- Structured, accurate, systematic, and committed to deliver within deadlines
We can offer:
- Competitive benefit package with regards to wages, offshore compensation, insurance, and pension plan
- Mobile telephone and home internet connection
- Welfare benefits such as company cabins, subsidised training etc.
- A dynamic, enthusiastic, and good working environment
- Project management course/general management training
- Flexible home office opportunities
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.