Odfjell Technology delivers safe, efficient, and sustainable solutions that save time, cost, and reduce carbon emissions for our clients. Our people connect 50 years of industry experience with the technology of tomorrow. With projects in more than 20 countries we are looking for talented people who can help us overcome the today’s challenges and realise the opportunities ahead.
Our Manila office is looking for an HVAC Engineer who will support all Odfjell Drilling and Odfjell Technology globally
We are looking for someone who has
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- At least five years of relevant and in-depth knowledge and experience in concept evaluation and quality assurance of HVAC system and equipment.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment, experience in shared services environment is an advantage.
- Well versed on preliminary and detail HVAC design development and ductwork design.
- Motivated to facilitate and contribute to company’s growth.
Engineering and Technical Competencies that you will bring
- Experience in calculation of heat and cooling capacity and ventilation capacity.
- Has knowledge in using ERP related systems and software related to document handling (i.e eDOCS).
- Can work independently and be able to collaborate with a multi discipline team.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions within scope, procedure and guidelines
- Ability to analyze and foresee resolution on potential challenges
- Structured, accurate, systematic and ability to deliver within deadlines
- Result and business oriented mindset
- Can coordinate and communicate to internal and external overseas partners and counterparts
- Good oral and written communication skills in English Language
- Analyze and will work with HVAC system engineering and with 3D modelling and CAD drawings (area engineering, D&ID’s, P&ID’s flow diagrams, etc)
- Create design of heating and cooling systems and their controls
- Draft new layouts and designs ductwork and piping systems.
- Create work packages and follow up with Suppliers.
- Responsible for red mark-up documentation and final documentation.
- Contribute in CTR activities/offers both installation and project related studies.
- Will cooperate with offshore technicians regarding ongoing installation work.
- Will contribute to project/s and deliver on time and budget assigned work tasks.
- Responsible in report costs, progress and deviation to technical lead/package engineer or project managers
- Design HVAC mechanical equipment to meet client’s requirements in both large and small projects.
- Responsible for relevant HVAC documentation, such as datasheets, technical requisitions, vendor documentation, etc.
- Evaluate bids, clarification with vendors and follow up deliveries and equipment testing (FAT).
- Analyze HVAC system when necessary to find inefficiencies or malfunctions and create solutions to optimize performance and increase the efficiency of operation.
- Ensure that specific requirements from authorities, customers, and the company are adhered to.
- Perform other related tasks that may be required from time to time.
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
- Learning and development support
- Collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment
- Part of a global company with opportunities for growth and development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including paid time-off, insurances and retirement
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.