The energy transition requires people with entrepreneurial spirit andinnovative sustainable solutions. With 50 years of industry experience, OdfjellTechnology is a leader in developing technological solutions for tomorrow. Ourpeople work to overcome today’s challenges and realise the opportunities ahead,whilst delivering safe and efficient products and services for our clients.
We have an excitingopportunity for Electronic Technician to join our Mariner team working on a 3/3rotation.
Responsiblefor various duties including but not limited to the operational integrity,safety and the cost effective running of all drilling equipment maintenance andpreventive maintenance. The ultimate objective of this position is to assist inensuring that all instrument / electrical systems remain operative throughoutthe operation and comply with safety, regulatory body and test standards. All role holders will demonstrate safeworking practices in line with Company policies, procedures, training and legalrequirements. Personnel will ensure their own safety at all times and willassist in ensuring the safety of others by participating fully in the CompanySafety Management System.
- Maintain and repair as necessary all electrical equipment, investigating defects and submitting reports as required.
- Carry out and record isolations of electrically driven equipment to be worked on by himself and others.
- Offer technical assistance and electrical back-up as may be required for the safe operation of equipment on the installation.
- Carry out network switching as required.
- Ensure that all instrument & electrical equipment is maintained and repaired promptly.
- Document any change to drilling unit electrical/electronic systems.
- To investigate defects and submit reports as required.
- To lead by example and ensure all works are carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with Odfjell Drilling’s safety management policies.
- Liaise with Odfjell and client electrical personnel on any matters relating to the safe electrical operation of the installation.
- Monitor any instrument / electrical equipment supplied by other contractors or sub-contractors to ensure that it is suitable for use within the potentially hazardous areas.
- Report any misuse of equipment to the Senior Company Representative / Maintenance Supervisor.
- Safeguard the rig tools and instruments in their care.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of instrument / electrical spare parts is maintained on the installation.
- Carry out tasks as part of a multi-discipline maintenance team as operational requirements dictate, under direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
- Attend meetings and additional training as required.
- Bring to the attention of their supervisors, actual and potential hazards to safety, health, plant and equipment which come to their attention in the course of their work.
- Properly use and care for personal protective equipment.
- Must represent the Company in a professional manner both on and off the job to include confidentiality of Company and Client business.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the requirements of the Permit-to-Work system and in compliance with Safety Procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding various functions of other rig departments and shore base operations.
- Ensure lessons learned are captured and incorporated in procedures/future programmes and written work instructions. Promote and capture suggestions for improvement.
- Must be fully qualified through an apprenticeship or SVQ type scheme.
- Must successfully pass pre-placement medical examination.
- Successfully demonstrate physical ability to perform essential job functions safely.
- Must be able to comply with Company rules.
- Must successfully satisfy all applicable national regulatory body and client training certification.
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
- Learning and development support
- Collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment
- Part of a global company with opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Company sick pay
- Group personal pension scheme
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.