Join our team and unlock your full potential in a dynamic and rewarding work environment within our Engineering Department. As an Engineer at Odfjell Technology you can expect to work in a modern office environment located within Prime Four Business Campus.
We have a vacancy for a Senior E&I Designer, the key duties for this position include:
- Responsible for producing design deliverables & providing engineering support functions and Detail Design Projects, carrying out engineering Site surveys to identify work scopes onshore and offshore within the electrical, instrumentation petrochemical environment
- Develop initial design and drawing requirements.
- Establish drawing set-up procedures applicable to the job for drafting personnel.
- Conceptualize plans, details, and sections to accurately convey construction or fabrication requirements.
- Check and back-check drawings produced by drafting personnel.
- Coordinate and analyse vendor supplied drawings and incorporate the required information into project drawings.
- Apply the ATEX/IEC and perform calculations related to sizing electrical circuits and equipment.
- Manage the design efforts and direct junior designers and CAD drafters maximizing productivity.
- Input to workpack and installation/construction methodology and manhour estimates.
- Conceptualize and draw block/ wiring diagrams, E&I layouts, and design details independently with minor project info/plan from project engineer.
- Work according to OD&T procedures, customer requirements and relevant rules and regulations.
- Maintain contemporary technical competency.
Who are you?
We are looking for a person who has the passion for projects and engineering and wants to make a difference. If you are willing to learn and want to develop your experience and knowledge we would be interested in hearing from you.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Senior E&I Designer and possess a relevant qualification for the role. Good verbal and written English communication skills are essential.
Who are we?
In Odfjell Technology, our vision is to use our heritage and expertise to support the energy transition, in parallel with delivering high quality products within the current oil & gas industry. Our mission is to safely deliver services and technology which reduce time, costs, and carbon emissions.
Odfjell Engineering is part of Odfjell Technology who is a stock-listed company providing integrated offshore operations, well services technology, and engineering solutions. The company has over 2000 employees and is present in more than 20 countries worldwide. By combining 50 years of industry experience with the technology of tomorrow, our people develop solutions for the changing energy market.
As a new member of the Odfjell family, you will be encouraged to use your initiative, experience, and talent to help deliver the company vision. We expect our employees to represent our core values by being creative, competent, result-oriented and committed, while always being safety conscious.
We can offer:
We offer the opportunity to gain valuable experience, together with competitive terms, benefits, and a satisfying and motivating workplace with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our workforce is proud to work for the Odfjell family.
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.