Responsiblefor various duties including but not limited to the operational integrity,safety and the cost effective operation of all drilling equipment maintenanceand preventive maintenance. The ultimate objective of this position is toassist in ensuring that all mechanical systems remain operative throughout theoperation and comply with safety, regulatory body and test standards. All roleholders will demonstrate safe working practices in line with Company policies,procedures, training and legal requirements. Personnel will ensure their ownsafety at all times and will assist in ensuring the safety of others byparticipating fully in the Company and Client Safety Management System.
- Responsiblefor operational integrity, safety and the cost effective operation of alldrilling equipment maintenance and preventive maintenance.
- Maintainand repair as necessary all mechanical equipment, investigating defects andsubmitting reports as required
Report on parts, tools and supplies needed to maintain the equipment for which they are responsible.
- All role holders will demonstrate safe working practices in line with Company policies, procedures, training and legal requirements.
- Be knowledgeable of all Company safety policies and procedures that pertain to his area of responsibility.
Report any misuse of equipment to the Senior Company Representative/ Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in the ordering of parts, required for maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Ensures that the work sites in his areas of responsibility are kept in a clean and orderly manner, free of hazards.
Attend shore-based training as directed by the Company.
- Complete in a professional manner all required maintenance reports.
- Safeguard the rig tools and instruments in their care.
- Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding various functions of other rig departments and shore base operations.
- Ensure lessons learned are captured and incorporated in TOPS/future programmes and written work instructions. Promote and capture suggestions for improvement.
- Must represent the Company in a professional manner both on and off the job to include confidentiality of Company and Client business.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the requirements of the Permit-to-Work system and in compliance with Safety Procedures.
- Assist in the development of Motorman (Mechanic) to Mechanic.
Qualifications and/or Experience
- Thecompany typically promotes Motorman or Mechanic Trainees to this position, newhires will preferably possess current experience as Mechanic on floater,jack-up or platform rigs, as applicable.
- Mustbe fully qualified through an apprenticeship or SVQ type scheme.
- Must successfully pass pre-placement medical examination.
- Successfullydemonstrate physical ability to perform essential job functions safely.
- Mustbe able to comply with Company rules.
- Mustsuccessfully satisfy all applicable national regulatory body and clienttraining certification.