Odfjell Technology delivers safe, efficient, and sustainable solutions that save time, cost, and reduce carbon emissions for our clients. Our people connect 50 years of industry experience with the technology of tomorrow. With projects in more than 20 countries we are looking for talented people who can help us overcome the today’s challenges and realise the opportunities ahead.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced professional to manage technical functions and support for current operations, and to strengthen our team for further growth. The position will be based in our Stavanger office.
- Coordinate Class Society and Flag State surveys and conditions with the rig Technical Superintendents.
- Ownership of and continuous improvement of Level 3 procedures related to technical aspects, including maintenance execution and philosophy, spare parts management and technical reporting and analyses.
- Manage and coordinate team of direct and indirect reports within technical disciplines.
- Focal point towards major OEM suppliers regarding cooperation and support, quality of services, equipment and spare parts.
- Key support for Rig Managers and their onshore/offshore operations teams regarding technical issues, downtime prevention and recovery.
- Inspections and audits including offshore visits.
- Responsible for providing periodic review of Maintenance execution and effectiveness.
- Ensure that all equipment sent onshore for repair, re-certification and preservation are carried out in a quality, cost effective and safe manner.
- Ensure Management of Change processes are complied with for technical changes, upgrades and modifications.
- Contribute to improvements and implementation of ESG initiatives and projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- Engineering degree or recognized technical qualification.
- 10 years’ experience in a technical supervisory role within the offshore drilling industry.
- Experience managing teams of technical experts and support functions.
- Extensive experience with technical support related to maintenance philosophy, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, troubleshooting / downtime prevention and recovery, SPS and re-certification activities, engineering modifications and upgrades.
- Good knowledge of standards and regulations relating to Mobile Offshore Drilling Units.
- Strong leadership and collaborative qualities to cooperate with offshore/onshore supervisors, subject matter experts, suppliers and client representatives.
- Structured, determined and task focused.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Ability to travel offshore for audits and inspections.
- Fluent in Norwegian and English, both oral and written
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
- Learning and development support
- Collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment
- Part of a global company with opportunities for growth and development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including paid time-off, insurances and retirement
- Flexible home office opportunities
- Mobile phone and home internet connection
- Welfare benefits such as company cabins, subsidised training, etc.
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.