Odfjell Technology delivers safe, efficient, and sustainable solutions that save time, cost, and reduce carbon emissions for our clients. Our people connect 50 years of industry experience with the technology of tomorrow. With projects in more than 20 countries we are looking for talented people who can help us overcome the today’s challenges and realise the opportunities ahead.
About This Role
We are looking for a Workshop Mechanic to join our team in Kemaman and Labuan, Malaysia.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Service, repair, and maintenance of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic oil field equipment such as, but not limited to hydraulic power tongs, hydraulic power units, CRTs, FAC Tools, T-Cats, Elevator/spiders, FMSs and all other handling tools as well as company fork lifts in accordance with OWS policies and procedures
- Work within a team for the maintenance, preparation, and load out of customer orders for the relevant product line equipment
- Prepare equipment and ensure tools are dressed correctly
- Identify and advise Line Manager of any missing equipment or shortage of critical parts or spares
- Support Workshop Supervisor to coordinate inspection routines and to ensure the availability of spare parts and repair materials
- Ensure good housekeeping/cleanliness practices and maintenance of equipment
- Must demonstrate safe handling practices and adhere to Company procedures and perform risk assessments where required.
- Must be flexible at all times and will be required to work in other areas of the operation as necessary
What You Will Need To Succeed
- Minimum 3 years’ experience mechanical work
- Knowledge and understanding of hydraulics
- Good knowledge in written and oral English
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
What We Can Offer
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, and supportive team
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- Competitive compensation
- Premium medical and life insurance coverage
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.