Do you have the answers we are looking for?
The energy transition requires people with entrepreneurial spirit and innovative sustainable solutions. With 50 years of industry experience, Odfjell Technology is a leader in developing technological solutions for tomorrow. Our people work to overcome today’s challenges and realise the opportunities ahead, whilst delivering safe and efficient products and services for our clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for Crane Operator to join our Mariner team working on a 2/3 rotation.
As the designated operator responsible for all deck cranes utilised in the lifting and movement of all operations equipment, systems, supplies, containers, tubulars and other materials utilised in the daily functioning of the offshore unit as directed. During non-crane operational modes, work activity includes supervising Roustabouts and participating in various maintenance work about the entire offshore unit, to include paint preparation, painting, material/equipment movement, repair and maintenance of systems and equipment within various departments as assigned/directed on a project basis.
During relocation of the drilling unit, assists as directed in positioning the drilling unit on and off location. Tasks may vary depending on the phase of operations.
- Inspect cranes and associated equipment’s condition to ensure operational integrity to handle upcoming heavy workload.
- Report defects or crane inoperability in a timely manner.
- Ensure current crane operator licence is valid at all times.
- Awareness of safe and proper rigging procedures.
- Offload/backload supply vessels as required by company and client.
- Inspect and make available safe and proper rigging.
- Transfer casing from supply boat to casing rack.
- Measure, label, number and record joints of casing and other tubulars.
- Make available to the rig floor all tools and equipment needed to spud the well and run the casing.
- Maintain a constant supply of casing to the rig floor during casing running operations. Clear the rig floor of tools and equipment used in running the casing.
- Assign Roustabout(s) to the cementing unit to assist service personnel with their operation of cementing the casing.
- Inspect clean-up procedures after cementing operations, ensuring all drains are properly flushed clean of all cement residues.
- Ensure appropriate mud additives are relocated to the mud processing equipment in a timely manner.
- Perform maintenance and housekeeping work activities such as ensuring work areas are clean and equipment stowage is completed in an efficient manner to ensure personnel safety.
- Ensure materials, equipment and supplies are unloaded and back loaded to supply vessels in an efficient manner.
- Conduct maintenance on cranes as required.
- Conduct maintenance and inspection of all rigging equipment to regulatory standards.
- Perform maintenance on drilling tools as directed.
- Conduct internal assessments (where applicable) to company standards and procedures on activities within our area of competence.
- Operates crane equipment from a stationary position (cab and/or remote controls) moving various loads to and from a floating position, i.e., workboat (work condition: stationary to/from floating).
- Operates crane equipment from a stationary position (cab and/or remote controls), moving various loads about the drilling unit (work condition: stationary/stationary).
- Operates crane equipment for a moving position (CAB) moving various loads to and from a floating position (With condition: floating to/from floating).
- Operates pedestal crane equipment from a floating position (cable controls), moving various loads to and from a floating position (work conditions: floating to/from floating).
- Operates remote control bridge cranes, moving casing loads to and from casing hold.
Qualifications and or Experience:
- The Company primarily promotes experienced Assistant Crane Operators to this position, who have demonstrated their competency at this level. (where applicable) New hires will preferably possess current experience as an offshore Crane Operator Must successfully pass pre-placement medical examination and drug screening.
Must be able to perform functions safely.
- Must be able to comply with Company rules.
- Must successfully satisfy all applicable international regulatory body and client training certification and/or marine license/document requirements.
- All role holders will demonstrate safe working practices in line with Company policies, procedures, training, and legal requirements. Personnel will ensure their own safety at all times and will assist in ensuring the safety of others by participating fully in the Company Safety Management System.
- Hold Stage 3 Crane Operator certification.
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
- Learning and development support
- Collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment
- Part of a global company with opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Company sick pay
- Group personal pension scheme
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.