In Odfjell Technology, our vision is to use our heritage and expertise to support the energy transition, in parallel with delivering high quality products within the current oil & gas industry. Our mission is to safely deliver services and technology which reduce time, costs, and carbon emissions.
Odfjell Engineering is part of Odfjell Technology, with teams of highly skilled multidiscipline engineers, project managers, package responsible engineers and support functions located in Bergen, Stavanger, Aberdeen and in Manila.
Odfjell Engineering is experiencing an increase in activity within our portfolio, and we are therefore looking for motivated, proactive and ambitious Project Managers (PM) and/or Package Responsible Engineers (PRE) to join our team in Bergen. As a Project Manager you will be responsible for managing projects from concept to completion and as a Package Responsible Engineer you will be responsible for managing corresponding packages (sub projects).
- BSc/MSc degree in Engineering, Project Management or other relevant technical area (long and relevant experience may replace formal education)
- Some experience within project management or package management
Job description/Work tasks:
- Manage preparations and execution of multi discipline projects and / or packages from concept to completion
- Typical Projects: Studies, Concept Work, Modifications, Upgrades, SPS (Special Periodic Services), Compliance Assurance Services (AoC/SUT), Safety Case, Reactivations, 3’rd party installations, Yard Stays, Offshore installations, Asset Inspection Services, Structural Integrity Management, Marine and Maintenance Engineering Services, Energy Savings and Emission Reduction, Energy Management Plan / Combined Energy Management
- Typical Clients; Fixed Platforms, MODU’s, Drill ships, Bulk ships, FPSO’s/FSO’s, Marine Vessels, Cruise Vessels, Ferry’s, PSV’s, Aquaculture, Fish Farms ++
- Tasks; Tender / BID’s, Scope of work definition (Project Breakdown / Work Breakdown / Scope Description), Estimation (Cost, Time, Resource), Kick-Off meetings, Follow-Up project execution (Engineering, Procurement, Installation, Mechanical Completion, Commissioning, As-built, Close Out and Experience Transfer)
- Manage projects with focus on governing processes
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Resource Management
- Manage projects with focus on support processes
- Project Finance (budget, variations, committed cost, forecast, cash flow, currency exposure, invoiced)
- Project Plan (MS Plan, L1-L5 Plans, Critical lines, S-Curve, Histograms ++)
- Document Control and LCI (Life Cycle Information)
- Project Reporting
- Communication with involved stakeholders
- Ensure that the projects meet relevant legal framework, regulations and requirements (keywords; DNV, PSA/Ptil, NORSOK ++)
- Contribute to development/improvement of systems/routines for the department’s project execution process (OPEM – Odfjell Project Execution Model – based on Prince2)
- Contribute to Odfjell Engineering’s commercial interests
- Good technical understanding in one or several areas mentioned under ‘typical projects’ / ‘typical clients’ above
- Good commercial mindset and understanding of project management and control principles
- Experience with project deliveries and key customers’ expectations
- Knowledge of the Petroleum industry standards, rules and regulations such as PSA/PTIL, NORSOK, DNV etc.
- Experience with client applications (IFS, SAP, STID, Procosys, PIMS, Aveva) is an advantage
- Knowledge/certification within PMI/Prince2 standards is an advantage
- Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental conscientious
- Adherence to our core values
- Safety Conscious
- Result Oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills, Norwegian and English is an absolute requirement
- Extensive computer skills
- ‘Yes we can» attitude
- Willingness to take on responsibility and willingness to learn new products
- Passion for project management
Who are you:
- We are looking for a person who has the passion for project / package management and wants to make a difference. For us both the technical and administrative parts of project / package management is crucial to achieve our goals and we need your understanding of this. If you are willing to learn and at the same time willing to use your experience and education in Odfjell Engineering’s interest, you might be the person we are looking for.
- We encourage young candidates to apply for these positions
We can offer:
- A professional environment with diversified tasks
- The group is facing new challenges in new areas that opens up for good professional and personal development
- Extensive course programs management course / general management training
- Competitive benefit package with regards to wages, offshore compensation, insurance and pension plan
- Mobile telephone and home internet connection
- Welfare benefits such as company cabins, subsidised training etc.
- A dynamic, enthusiastic and good working environment