A vacancy hasarisen for the position of Rope Access Supervisor. This position will be based offshore working onthe UKCS on an ad-hoc basis, there may also be a requirement to attend theAberdeen office at the Companies discretion. The keyduties of this position include, but are not limited to, the responsibilitiesdetailed below:
- Ensuring that the work and the workers proceed in accordance with the IRATA code of practice, in the manner set out in the documentation for the work project and with the aim of no accidents, no waste and no defects (known as zero targeting).
- Management of all administration activities and documentation e.g. daily toolbox talks, Risk Assessments, Permit to
- Work, IRATA documentation, etc.
- Compilation and / or implementation of method statement.
- Determining correct access methods to be used for the work at hand.
- Checking and controlling of personnel and equipment, all ropes, anchor points and access equipment.
- Assessing weather conditions, site access, and other work in the area and all safety matters relating to work.
- Any retreat or rescue and where possible ropes will be pre-rigged for rescue.
- Day to day management of rope access safety issues on site.
- Weekly compilation and submission of IRATA Form 055.
- Liaising with team members and Client.
- Work with other disciplines and business units to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure that the competence regarding standards and regulations are up to date.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- 5+ years’ experience in the onshore /offshore sector.
- Offshore Certification for UK
- IRATA Level 3
- First aid Certificate