Odfjell Technology delivers safe, efficient, and sustainable solutions that save time, cost, and reduce carbon emissions for our clients. Our people connect 50 years of industry experience with the technology of tomorrow. With projects in more than 20 countries we are looking for talented people who can help us overcome the today’s challenges and realise the opportunities ahead.
Our GBS Manila Office is looking for service minded Engineering Support – Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer who will be part of our Team.
We are looking for someone who has
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics and Communication), Professional license is preferred but not required
- With at least three (3) years of experience in technical/maintenance and operations
- Knowledgeable in using Autodesk software such as 2D/3D AUTOCAD, and other Autodesk related software
- Has experience working in a multicultural environment, experience in shared services environment is an advantage
- Motivated to facilitate and contribute to company’s growth.
Technical and Competencies that you need to bring
- Experience working with technical documentation in various Engineering facet is an advantage
- Has knowledge in using systems and software related to document handling (i.e eDOCS)
- Has knowledge in ERP related systems
- Has an experience in designing and assessing process and equipment related to offshore operation
- Good understanding of safety standards and environmental impact to design
- Great computations and spatial ability
- Up to date understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Good understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Knowledge and experience working with various operating system and instrumentation communications protocols such as Ethernet, Foundation Fieldbus, HART, Modbus, Profibus as an advantage
- Proficient in reading and interpreting Mechanical and Electrical Detailed Drawings, Block diagrams and P&ID
- Can coordinate and communicate to internal and external overseas partners and counterparts
- Can work independently and able to collaborate with cross functional team
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions within scope, procedure and guidelines
- Structured, accurate, systematic and ability to deliver within deadlines
- Result and business oriented mindset
- Ability to analyze and foresee resolution on potential challenges
- Good oral and written communication skills in English Language
- Study and perform electrical and instrumentation calculations and analysis according to project requirements
- Evaluate rig systems for energy efficiency and design optimization projects
- Study, evaluate the execution of drilling facilities both on fixed and floating installations
- Drilling facilities design specification
- Support in technical specifications for purchase and follows up with suppliers and technical deliveries
- Support in Offshore surveying
- Ensure that specific requirements from authorities, customers, and the company are adhered to
- Analyze and verify detailed Work Packages from project responsible
- Responsible for the implementation of all markup drawings from all Business Area (BA) offshore
- Report and facilitate quality control
- Handle and manage technical documentation including converting PDF files to editable formats and execute changes in Autodesk.
- Give direct support to all Business Area (BA) rigs. This is mainly related to revision and documentation updates for the various BA rigs and it also includes updates in Autodesk (Insight)
- Perform other related tasks that may be required from time to time
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
- Learning and development support
- Collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment
- Part of a global company with opportunities for growth and development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including paid time-off, insurances and retirement
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.