Odfjell Technology delivers safe, efficient, and sustainable solutions that save time, cost, and reduce carbon emissions for our clients. Our people connect 50 years of industry experience with the technology of tomorrow. With projects in more than 20 countries we are looking for talented people who can help us overcome the today’s challenges and realise the opportunities ahead.
About this role
We are looking for a Torque Turn Technician to join our growing team in Kuwait. This role will report to the Operations Supervisor – TRS.
What You Will Do:
- Service and maintenance of TT Computer, Torque Turn Sub, Torque Gauge, Make/ Break Unit, Transducers and any other instruments and equipment associated with calibration and torque control.
- Technical support for TT Computer, Torque Turn Sub, Torque Gauge, Make/Break Unit, Transducer and any other instruments associated with calibration and torque control.
- Maintenance and repair of tools and equipment in line with established SOP’s.
- Maintain control, traceability, repair and calibration of assessment measuring tools and those related to Torque Control within the workshop.
- Maintain accurate records for all reports and certificates pertaining to calibration
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of test apparatus and peripheral equipment.
- Pack and deliver equipment at the warehouse according to procedures for TT Computer, Torque Turn Sub, Torque Gauge, Make/Break Unit, Transfer and any other instruments associated with calibration and torque control.
- Manage workload to achieve production schedules and ensure completion within timeframe.
- Coordinate with production and engineering departments for internal and external requirements.
- Responsible for following rules and procedures as well as react and report dangerous incidents, dangerous behaviour and dangerous situation
What You Will Need to Succeed
- Relevant qualification or long-term experience as electrician or automation mechanic
- Preferential 2-3 years relevant experience working in a similar position
- Experience in building/upgrading of EX steering systems
- Experience/knowledge of DOS operative systems, PLS programming, PC Hardware
- Experience in Hydraulic Systems and Pressure calibration equipment
- Offshore experience with main focus on EX- classified equipment
- An accurate and structured mindset
- Excellent communications skills in English both oral and written
Why you should join our team
The Odfjell group recognises that the shift to renewable energy requires a new way of thinking. By leveraging diverse, cross-functional teams we drive innovation, sustainability, and technological improvements across the business. Our people are at the heart of what we do to drive change as we continue to shape and grow the business.
We strive to create a satisfying and motivating workplace for our employees and an arena for sharing experiences with a focus on ongoing learning and development. Our employees report high levels of empowerment, open dialogue, and trust.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are pre-conditions to succeed in a global marketplace. We believe our company values should be reflected in the everyday behaviour of our leaders and employees alike.
- Learning and development support
- Collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment
- Part of a global company with opportunities for growth and development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
We live our core values – creative, competent, result oriented, committed – while always being safety conscious.